Last Saturday, Congressional Integrity Project flew a plane with a banner over the Kentucky Derby with a message calling for James Comer’s constituents to go to www.InvestigateComer.com, where they will find an article in the Louisville Courier Journal on Congressional Integrity Project’s letter to the Fayette Commonwealth Attorney’s Office. The letter asks for an investigation into Comer’s involvement in obtaining and distributing leaked emails and, if there is sufficient evidence, to charge him with a crime.
The banner caught the attention of reporters nationally, in Kentucky, and even from Rep. Comer himself, who was so bothered, he followed up with multiple tweets, but still completely missed the main message of the banner.
Congressional Integrity Project has also launched a six-figure, months-long campaign demanding that James Comer and House Republicans investigate obvious corruption and influence peddling by the Trump family while Donald Trump was President. The campaign follows a letter sent to Representative Comer last week demanding such an investigation and detailing instances of what appears to be influence peddling by Jared Kushner and Trump’s three eldest children while he was serving as President.
The campaign includes a new website chronicling profiteering and influence peddling by Jared Kushner and Ivanka, Don Jr. and Eric Trump, a billboard in Comer’s congressional district, and a digital advertising campaign targeting Comer and Republicans in the DC metro area, in Comer’s congressional district in Kentucky, and in the districts of vulnerable House Republicans – John Duarte (CA-13), Lauren Boebert (CO-3), Tom Kean Jr. (NJ-7), Mike Lawler (NY-17), Marcus Molinaro (NY-19), and Brandon Williams (NY-22). The campaign kickoff also includes a new video pointing to the lack of credibility Comer and Republicans have over the outlandish, evidence-free claims they’ve made about President Biden while ignoring the billions of dollars Kushner and Trump’s family made from foreign deals while Trump was in office and immediately after he left.
As part of the new campaign, CIP launched a new billboard in Representative Comer’s district in Frankfort, Kentucky. The billboard calls on Comer to stop his partisan stunts and investigate the influence peddling and corruption done by the Trump family. The billboard and the broader campaign call on his constituents (and Comer himself!) to visit TrumpFamilyInfluencePeddling.com, where they can find just some of the instances of foreign business dealings and influence peddling by Trump’s children and son-in-law that should be investigated.
CIP launched a bike billboard to call out House Oversight Committee Republicans for their hypocrisy and conflicts of interest during the Committee’s hearing attacking environmental, social, and governance (ESG) investing. The billboard circled the Capitol Building during and after the hearing. The bike billboard campaign is one piece of a larger rapid response campaign Congressional Integrity Project launched to push back against MAGA Republican attacks on responsible investing, highlight the unpopularity of the Committee’s actions, and expose the money and power players behind the broader anti-ESG campaign.
CIP sent out 16 rapid response products, including statements, fact sheets, and roundups.
- Congressional Integrity Project Flies Plane With Banner Over Kentucky Derby Calling for Investigation Into James Comer
- UPDATE: A Clearly Bothered Comer Responds to Congressional Integrity Project Flying a Plane Over Kentucky Derby Calling for an Investigation Into Him
- ROUNDUP: ‘Investigate Comer’ Banner Makes Waves At Kentucky Derby
- James Comer Has Set Sky High Expectations for His Press Conference Tomorrow
- Congressional Integrity Project Launches New Campaign Demanding Comer and House Republicans Investigate the Trump Family’s Influence Peddling
- Another Massive Failure: James Comer Swings and Misses Once Again With Biden Family Press Conference
- ROUNDUP: James Comer Gets Called Out for Being All Hat, No Cattle
- SHOT/CHASER: James Comer Failed To Meet His Own Sky-High Expectations For A “Bombshell” Press Conference
- What a Disaster: James Comer “Swings and Misses” At Yesterday’s Press Conference
- FACT SHEET: James Comer: All Hat, No Cattle
- MEDIA ADVISORY: Congressional Integrity Project Launches Bike Billboard to Call Out MAGA Republican Hypocrisy During Anti-ESG Oversight Hearing
- Hypocrisy on Display in House Oversight Hearing as MAGA Republicans Rail Against Responsible Investing
- FACT SHEET: President Trump’s Shady Business Dealings With The Chinese Government
- ICYMI: MAGA Majority on House Administration Committee Hired Staffer Involved in Fake Elector Scheme
- STATEMENT: Congressional Integrity Project Launches New Billboard To Remind James Comer He Must Investigate Trump Family Influence Peddling
- Poor Baby: James Comer Spends Hours On the News Whining About Lack Of News Media Interest In His Political Stunts
Finally, CIP was mentioned or quoted in the following articles or news appearances.
Lexington Herald-Leader: Kentucky Derby 2023: Political messages take to the skies over Churchill Downs. “The website in question redirects to a news article about a group, the Congressional Integrity Project, urging an investigation into Comer’s potential involvement in leaking emails during the 2015 Kentucky governor’s race. The demand for an investigation followed a New York Times article in which Comer admits to leaking emails to the Herald-Leader and ‘strongly hinted he had gotten them from the server,’ the Times reported in March.” [Lexington Herald-Leader, 5/6/23]
Washington Examiner: Democratic group launches six-figure ad campaign demanding investigation into Trump family. “The Congressional Integrity Project is set to launch a monthslong ad campaign demanding the Oversight Committee open investigations into the Trump family similar to those Comer has initiated against President Joe Biden since taking over as chairman in January. The group specifically requests inquiries into the conduct of former senior adviser Jared Kushner and Trump’s three oldest children, accusing the four of “influence peddling” while Trump was in office. ‘It has been over a hundred days since Comer said his committee would investigate the Trump family, and they have been radio silent on announcing hearings or sending letters requesting information,’ Kyle Herrig, executive director of the Congressional Integrity Project, said in a statement. ‘If Comer actually cared about potential influence peddling and corruption, he would be investigating how Ivanka, Don Jr., Eric, and Jared Kushner profited off their time in the White House instead of these baseless political stunts.’” [Washington Examiner, 5/10/23]
The American Independent: House GOP brings no evidence of Biden corruption claims to press conference. “In a March 16 poll conducted by Public Policy Polling for the progressive Congressional Integrity Project, 63% of voters polled said they would prefer the House focus on issues like rising prices and health care, while only 29% thought it should focus on investigating Biden.” [The American Independent, 5/11/23]