This week, Congressional Integrity Project launched a new poster pasting and bike billboard campaign to remind James Comer and others around Capitol Hill that he is all hat, no cattle based on his partisan investigations clearly failing to deliver. The posters were pasted throughout Capitol Hill and were passed out throughout the Capitol Building, including at the press desk of Tuesday’s full Oversight Committee hearing. The bike mobile billboard circled the Capitol Building throughout the day on Tuesday.
CIP sent out 10 rapid response products, including statements, fact sheets, and roundups.
- STATEMENT: James Comer Is A Complete Embarrassment
- STATEMENT: After “Embarrassing” House Oversight Charade, Ron Johnson Admits to Targeting Biden Administration for Political Purposes
- Congressional Integrity Project Launched Poster Pasting Campaign and Bike Billboard to Remind James Comer He Is All Hat, No Cattle
- STATEMENT: Congressional Integrity Project Calls on James Comer to Demand Firing of Rep. Gosar’s Reported Neo-Nazi Staffer
- FACT SHEET: Jordan’s Witnesses This Week Are Discredited Conspiracy Theorists with Political Grudges
- STATEMENT: Jim Jordan’s So-Called “Whistleblower” Report Is Another Circus Act
- SHOT/CHASER: Jordan Continues to Lie About His So-Called Whistleblowers
- STATEMENT: Today’s So-Called Weaponization Hearing Was Another Transparent Political Attack by Jim Jordan
- ROUNDUP: Jordan’s Latest MAGA Weaponization Hearing “Devolved Into Chaos” To Steamroll House Rules & Uplift Discredited Conspiracy Theorists
- ROUNDUP: Jim Jordan Called Out For Platforming ‘Bogus’, ‘Pretend’, Trump-Aligned Whistleblowers At Latest Weaponization Hearing
CIP was mentioned or quoted in the following articles or news appearances.
The Guardian: Conspiracy theorists to address US House subcommittee, watchdog warns. “On Thursday the judiciary subcommittee, chaired by Representative Jim Jordan of Ohio, an ally of former US president Donald Trump, will hold its latest hearing on Capitol Hill. Research by the Congressional Integrity Project, a group that monitors the Republican investigations, suggests that its witnesses will come armed with political grudges… Kyle Herrig, executive director of the Congressional Integrity Project, said: ‘These witnesses are extreme for even Jim Jordan’s standards, but we shouldn’t be surprised he’s continuing to hand-pick conspiracy theorists and insurrection supporters to appear before the so-called ‘weaponization’ subcommittee. ‘The witnesses are Trump loyalists who will go to any lengths to defend the former president’s lies, just like Jordan himself.’” [The Guardian, 5/18/23]
US News & World Report: Republicans’ Biden Probes: Bombshells or Bombs? “‘There’s zero evidence indicative of the [sitting] president’s involvement in any of this’ foreign cash, says Leslie Dach, senior adviser to the Congressional Integrity Project, who worked for both the Bill Clinton and Barack Obama administrations.” [US News & World Report, 5/16/23]
The Independent: Paul Gosar faces calls for investigations after allegedly hiring Nick Fuentes-linked congressional staff. “Kyle Herrig, executive director of activist watchdog group the Congressional Integrity Project, has also called the committee’s chair James Comer to remove Mr Gosar and demand that Mr Gosar fire Mr Searle. ’The American people deserve better than to have white supremacists running around the halls of Congress as members and staffers,’ Mr Herrig said in a statement. ‘Comer continues to claim he is trying to conduct credible and serious investigations with the House Oversight Committee, but his tacit acceptance of white supremacists completely contradicts his claims,’ he added. ‘If James Comer had a single ounce of integrity or credibility in his body, he would demand Rep Gosar fire his staffer and remove Gosar from his committee.’” [The Independent, 5/17/23]
Finally, CIP shared the following talking points and message guidance with our Allies and staff members on the Hill.