This week, Congressional Integrity Project launched a billboard targeting House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer (R-KY.) in his district in Frankfort, Kentucky for his recent remarks about Beau Biden, President Joe Biden’s late son.
Congressional Integrity Project also released new polling results from Public Policy Polling. The poll found that Americans overwhelmingly have an unfavorable view of Republicans in Congress and the political stunts in the guise of investigations they are conducting against President Biden, his administration, and his family. The poll also found that Americans have serious concerns about election deniers, subpoena defiers, and insurrectionist supporters who are conducting these investigations.
Additionally, CIP sent out 8 rapid-response products, including statements, fact sheets, and roundups.
- SHOT/CHASER: Rep. James Comer Plays the Blame Game with Bank Collapses
- FACT SHEET: The House GOP Calls Another Slate of Right-Wing Extremists to Testify At the Southern Border
- MEDIA ADVISORY: Congressional Integrity Project Launches Billboard in Frankfort, Kentucky Highlighting James Comer’s Disgusting Comments About Beau Biden
- STATEMENT: MAGA House Republicans Continue Political Stunts With Another Border Hearing Filled With Radical Right-Wing Witnesses
- NEW POLL: Majority of American Voters Want Republicans in Congress to Stop Playing Partisan Games and Focus on Real Issues
- STATEMENT: James Comer Stoops To New Low With Attack On Beau Biden’s Widow and Gobsmacking Hypocrisy by Ignoring Trump, Children Profiting Off Their Time in the White House
- SHOT/CHASER: Comer’s Attacks on President Biden’s Family Are Outrageously Hypocritical
- ICYMI: Trump Allies Are Training House GOP Investigators to Aggressively Attack President Biden in Order to Re-Elect Trump
CIP was mentioned or quoted in the following articles or news appearances.
Politico (Huddle): FIRST IN HUDDLE: HOME STATE BILLBOARD. “The Congressional Integrity Project, a Democratic outside group, is launching a billboard targeting House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer (R-Ky.) in Frankfort, Ky. for his recent remarks about Beau Biden, President Joe Biden’s late son. The billboard, which will go up at US 60 and I-64 in Frankfort, will say in all caps: ‘James Comer: Leave Dead Veterans Alone.’ Comer earlier this month in an appearance on former Fox Business host Lou Dobbs’ podcast had… Congressional Integrity Project Executive Director Kyle Herrig said in a statement: ‘James Comer has made clear that he will stop at nothing to hurt President Biden and his family but his latest attack against Beau Biden, President Biden’s deceased veteran son, is a new low.’” [Politico, 3/15/23]
Politico: Trump-allied group trained congressional staff on how to go after Biden. “‘CPI says they’re in DC to drain the swamp, but from here it looks more like a hostile takeover,’ said Kyle Herrig, executive director of the Congressional Integrity Project, which is serving as a hub for Democrats responding to GOP investigations. ‘The same people who worked to overturn the 2020 election now want to push more conspiracy-laden investigations on Capitol Hill and quiet the voices of hardworking, ordinary Americans,’ he said.” [Politico, 3/16/23]
The American Independent: New poll finds voters do not want Congress focusing on Biden investigations. “In a nationwide survey of registered voters conducted this week for the progressive opposition research group Congressional Integrity Project, Public Policy Polling asked, ‘Generally speaking, would you rather Congress spend time investigating the Biden administration, or would you rather Congress focus on issues like rising costs and health care?’ Sixty-three percent of respondents favored a focus on health care, inflation, and similar policies; 29% preferred Biden administration investigations…” [The American Independent, 3/16/23]